Monday, February 8, 2010

February Tot School- Week One at 22 months old!

Tot School


Beginning stages of counting-
he's still to early in his learning process of numbers for this to be effective, but introduction
is also important- he loved the 'frosty snowmans' and the number 2, 8, & 9
Make Cupcakes and color match and fine motor skills activity!
colored the toothpicks with markers and stuck them in play dough cupcakes (huge hit) then matched the fruit loop colors to the cupcake color and placed them on the tooth pick.
took a while for him to figure out how to hold the loop to get it on the tooth pick...so patience is key and i showed his improve throughout the activity...

Decorating the Letter H!
Painting (colors and x review)
- i guided his hand to make it to the circles and let him do it on his own
independent story time....

'Where Does It Fit?'
he came up with this all by himself and i totally encouraged it
tried putting the ball in different cylinders and would lift it up amazed that it was now at the bottom, then tried putting cylinders into each other and putting the ball in others where it didn't fit- great 'problem solving' activity
Heart Wreath:
he helped glue and name the shape
we kept it at our snack and play table talking about the numbers
and that hearts mean love during the week

6 comments:

  1. He is just adorable. It looks like he had lots of fun. I love the balls and the cylinders.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love when tots come up with their own activities!! Looks like a fun week - he did great with the fruit loops and playdoh cupcakes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun week! I love the ball/cylinder activity he created on his own! The heart wreath is super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your blog makes me smile every time I read it! Great activities. I especially like your cupcake playdough counters. You would be surprised what he picks up. My little one is roughly the same age as yours and can count to 10 and identify those numbers. I did not do anything special, just kept introducing her to numbers over the past few months.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun activities! I love how you used the Fruit Loops to do that activity. I've seen that with small beads, but I've always been afraid my little guy would swallow one when I'm not looking. GREAT idea!

    He's adorable, by the way. That smile in the first picture is just so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a fun week! Great selection of various activities! 1st time visiting your blog - I love the name of it! :)

    ReplyDelete